You enjoy hard work, and you get a great deal of satisfaction from solving difficult problems and delivering a job well done. You think things through, and you are good at recognizing and managing risk. You love your team. You believe in communicating with them—all the time. Does this accurately describe you? If the answer is yes, you may have a bright future with the Walsh-Fluor Design-Build Team.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Provide overall leadership and direction of project teams, finances, and construction of industry leading projects.
- ENTRY-LEVEL: As a young construction manager, you will grow your foundation by enhancing your skills in project management, field supervision, quality control, and safety management.
- SKILLED LABOR: Practice your trade on an interesting and complex project with our team. Whether you are already in the trades or are looking to looking join a union and begin a career in the trades, our program has opportunities for you.
- INTERNSHIP/CO-OP PROGRAM: Our internship/co-op program will prepare you for leadership positions both on and off the jobsite.
The Walsh-Fluor Design-Build Team is excited to bring hundreds of quality careers to Chicago residents, as well as to connect communities with pre-apprenticeship and career training opportunities.
If you are interested in a career in the trades, click here for more information.
Walsh-Fluor is committed to achieving the CTA’s Workforce Hiring Goals for RPM Phase One
- Economically Disadvantage Area Goal
Chicago Zip Code Map
Our team is actively engaging with, and committed to hiring residents from, the identified economically disadvantaged zip code areas throughout Chicago.
Walsh-Fluor Workforce Projections
Use the Opportunity Code 749R6D when applying.
Below are the anticipated craft labor needs and expected timeline for RPM Phase One. This information is subject to change as the project progresses.
If you are in the trades and interested in working on the
RPM Phase One Project, click here to apply.
INTERNSHIP & CO-OP PROGRAM
Walsh-Fluor’s Internship/Co-Op Program will prepare you for leadership positions both on and off the jobsite. Our program allows you to travel across the United States and through operational divisions to gain hands-on experience in project engineering and field management. We carefully match you with positions related to your academic and career goals, setting you up for the right career path after graduation.
For more information, or if you are interested in applying to our Internship/Co-Op Program, visit the links below:
- Walsh Internship Opportunities – https://www.walshgroup.com/careers/collegerecruiting.html
- Fluor Internship Opportunities – https://www.fluor.com/careers
The Elevating Futures Scholarship Fund
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
The Elevating Futures Scholarship Fund’s mission is to aid qualified Chicago Public School students from low-income households in pursuing a Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) four-year college degree.
This innovative partnership from the Chicago Transit Authority, the Walsh-Fluor Design-Build Team, and Chicago Scholars will provide college scholarships and mentoring support, along with access to career development opportunities, to guide students in launching careers in the construction and engineering industries.
Eligible students must be enrolled in a CPS or CPS-supported high school and currently part of the Chicago Scholars program. Eligible students must also be enrolled in STEM coursework, have a GPA of at least 3.0, and a good attendance record.
Applications are due March 1, 2020. Scholarship recipients will be announced on April 15, 2020.
For more information about this program and to apply for the scholarship, click here.
The Elevating Futures Scholarship Fund is a partnership between the Chicago Transit Authority, the Walsh-Fluor Design-Build Team, and Chicago Scholars.